We were invited to dinner by one of our friends and we brought some appetizers.
This is one of them. I made Teriyaki Chicken which is one of the most popular dishes amongst Japanese and non-Japanese people.
As we took it with us to the home party, I cut the chicken into small pieces. I also added orange flavour to the Teriyaki sauce this time to make it refreshing.
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken with Orange Sauce
- Chicken: 400g
- Orange: 2
- Soy sauce: 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup: 2 Tbsp
- White Wine: 2 Tbsp
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves (grated)
Preparation of Teriyaki Chicken with Orange Sauce
- Cut the orange in half, slice two pieces of the middle part and then cut them into quarters.
- Squeeze the orange and add the soy sauce, maple syrup, white wine and grated garlic to make a Teriyaki sauce.
How to make Teriyaki Chicken with Orange Sauce
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, and add the chicken with the skin side down, cook them over a high heat.
- When the skin gets browned, turn the chicken over and cook over a medium heat until cooked through.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and put aside.
- Put the sauce in a frying pan over low to medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- When the sauce has reduced a little, put the chicken back in the pan and spread the sauce all over the chicken.
- Put the chicken on a plate with the sauce and garnish with orange slices.