Ingredients for Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli and Prawns (for 2 people):
- Chinese Broccoli: about 350 g (I normally use ¼ package)
- Prawns: 8 to 10
- Garlic: 2 to 3 cloves
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Shaoxing Cooking Wine: 1 tablespoon (or White Wine)
- Soy Sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Hot Chilli Pepper: 1
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil: 1.5 tablespoons
>>> What is “Shaoxing Cooking Wine”?
- Rinse Chinese broccoli, cut them in 3 parts and split the thick stem so that you can shorten the cooking time
- Chop up the garlic and ginger, hot chili pepper
- Shell the prawns
How to Cook Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli and Prawns:
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok
2. Add chopped garlic and ginger
3. Add the prawn and Shaoxing cooking wine (or white wine), cook on a medium heat until they change colour
4. Add Chinese broccoli stems and cook until they turn into a vivid green colour, stir them occasionally
5. Add Chinese broccoli leaves and add salt
You don’t have to stir too much here. When you add the Chinese broccoli leaves on top of the prawns and the broccoli stems it acts as a lid to steam and adding the salt on the leaves allows the vegetable juice to come out.
6. After cooking for a while, turn up to a high heat and rapidly stir.
7. Add the chili pepper, season with salt and black pepper and serve.