Last time I made a Wine-Steamed Mediterranean Sea Bass with Curry and Red Pepper, and this time I added coconut milk. The basic recipe is the same, but add coconut milk at the end. If you add coconut milk from the beginning, it will only evaporate, so steam with water plus wine first, and add coconut milk at the end. This recipe only needs 100ml of coconut milk. I made a Japanese dessert with the rest of the coconut milk, but this is another post.
Ingredients for Coconuts Curry Steamed Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Mediterranean Sea Bass: 1
- Coconuts Milk: 100ml
- Tomatoes: 2
- Mushrooms: 3
- Onion: 1
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Curry Powder: 1 teaspoon
- White Wine: 2 tablespoon
- Water: 120ml
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Salt, Black Pepper
- Olive Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Rinse the Sea Bass and take off the moisture on it with a kitchen towel. Salt the fish on both sides and rest it for at least 10 minutes so that you can remove the smell.
- Cut the onion and mushrooms into small pieces, chop up the garlic.
How to Cook Coconut Curry Steamed Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the fish on a high heat about 1 minute or until the bottom skin gets coloured and crispy.
- Turn it over, cook the other side in the same way.
- Add the cut vegetables and chopped garlic, white wine.
- Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle the curry powder, add the water and a bay leaf.
- Put the lid on and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the fish is cooked, add coconut milk and simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve it.