This recipe was inspired by the food which we had in Hatta island (part of the Spice Islands), Indonesia. We were served grilled tuna with curry paste wrapped in a banana leaf a few times. I always wanted to make it again. Although banana leaves are not available here, I tried it using baking paper instead this time.
Ingredients for Masala Haddock
- Frozen Haddock Fillet: 400g
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Black Pepper
- Cumin Powder
- Chilli Powder
- Vegetable Oil: 2 teaspoons
- Lemon: ¼ pieces
- Salt: a pinch
- Thaw the fish and wipe the water on the fillet with a kitchen paper.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and put in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, lemon juice, salt and spices. Mix well.
- Place the fish fillet on a baking paper with skin side down.
- Apply the curry paste on the fish.
- Wrap each of fillet with the baking paper
How to Cook Masala Haddock
- Place the wrapped fish fillets in a frying pan with curry paste side up.
- Put the lid on it, cook for 7-8 minutes on a medium heat.
- Turn them over and cook the other side for 7-8 minutes.
- Take the baking paper out and serve.