We harvested some Korean Shiso and I pickled them in soy sauce. Korean Shiso is a type of herb which is commonly used in Korean cuisine. It has a distinctive flavour and is supposed to be good for the health. Pickled Korean Shiso can be chopped up and placed on tofu as a topping or wrapped around a rice ball.
Ingredients for Pickled Korean Shiso in Spicy Soy Sauce
- Korean Shiso Leaves: about 20 pieces
- Soy Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Maple Syrup: 1 tablespoon
- Sambal: 1/2 tablespoon (can be substituted with soybean paste or gochujang)
- Garlic (grated): 2-3 cloves
- Sesame Seeds: a pinch
- Dried Red Chilli: 2-5 (optional)
How to Make Pickled Korean Shiso in Spicy Soy Sauce
- Wash Korean Shiso leaves well and remove the moisture.
- Put all the ingredients in a sealed bag and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.