Because we had a lot of oranges, I baked waffles with fresh orange juice, condensed milk, and whey which was leftover from the preparation of a yoghurt cake. We had almost ran out of milk, so I used condensed milk and whey instead. Since condensed milk contains some sugar, I didn’t add any extra sugar.
Ingredients for 12-14 pieces Orange Waffles:
- All-purpose Flour: 200 g
- Baking Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: a pinch
- ☆Orange Juice: 80 ml
- ☆Whey: 90 ml
- ☆Condensed Milk: 30 ml
- Eggs: 2
- Vegetable Oil: 30 ml (= 2 tablespoons)
☆: The total of these three ingredients should be 200 ml.
How to Make Orange Waffles:
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl, put orange juice, whey, condensed milk, beaten eggs, vegetable oil and mix well
- Pour the liquid (the second bowl) into the bowl of flour (the first bowl), and mix them until the dough gets smooth
- Pour the dough into the waffle baker and bake (do not put too much dough in the waffle baker, otherwise it could overflow)
- After they are cooked, serve them with orange marmalade.
This dough is thicker than the banana waffles dough. I tried to bake cute-looking waffles and I found that it’s better to put just a little portion of the dough in the centre of the baker.