We harvested Korean Shiso, so I made it with fried rice with minced beef. If you have gochujang, it will be more authentic. Since it is out of stock now, I used sambal and seafood sauce instead. It is also recommended to add miso to bring out the richness.
Ingredients for Korean-ish Fried Rice with Korean Shiso (for 2 people)
- Thai rice: 250 ml
- Water: 400 ml
- Minced beef: 200-300g
- Korean Shiso: Several sheets
- Onions: 1 small
- Seafood sauce or oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice with slightly less water than normal
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger, onions and Korean Shiso
How to make Korean-ish Fried Rice with Korean Shiso
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and fry the garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add minced beef, sambal and seafood sauce and fry, occasionally stirring.
- When the colour of the beef changes, add rice and cook on a high heat.
- Add Korean Shiso and stir-fry.
- Season with salt and pepper, add a little soy sauce if necessary, and turn off the heat.
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle white sesame seeds on the top.