We harvested lots of Korean Shiso and yesterday I made tuna tartare using them and other herbs from our vegetable garden. I could have done it Korean style, but I served it with a simple Wasabi sauce this time. The flavours of sesame and herbs make it the perfect tartar to accompany a glass of white wine.
Ingredients for Tuna and Herb Tartare with Wasabi Sauce
- Frozen Tuna: 1 package
- Spring Onion or Onion
- Garlic: 1 or 2 cloves
- Korean Shiso (or Japanese Shiso): 3-6 pieces
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame Oil: a little
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Dill, Chives or other herbs of your choice (for decoration)
- Arugula (for decoration)
- Soy sauce
How to Make Tuna and Herb Tartare with Wasabi Sauce
- Thaw the frozen tuna and cut into small pieces.
- Finely chop the spring onions, Shiso and garlic.
- Put the tuna, spring onions, Shiso and garlic in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Chill in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Place the tartare on a plate and decorate with arugula and herbs.
- Serve with Wasabi and soy sauce.