Frozen Pangasius fillets are very handy and not expensive. They are easy to store and the boneless fish fillets are not smelly at all.
We often deep fry Pangasius.
Today, I battered them with cornstarch, fried them, and added the Youlin sauce which is a sweet vinegar soy sauce with chopped garlic, onion and ginger.
Ingredients for Crispy Karaage Pangasius with Youlin Sauce:
- Pangasius: 400g
- Green part of green onion (for topping)
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Maple Syrup (or Sugar): 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Red Onion or White part of Green Onion
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves
- Sambal or Doubanjiang (if you like spicy food): 1 teaspoon
How to make Crispy Karaage Pangasius with Youlin Sauce:
- Thaw Pangasius and remove any moisture from the fish with a kitchen towel, cut into pieces that are easy to eat
- Thinly sprinkle cornstarch on the fish and deep-fry on a medium heat
- Finely chop up the purple onion (or the white part of the green onion) and garlic, needle-slice chop the green part of the green onion and the ginger
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce
- Place the fried Pangasius on a plate and put the green onions on the top. Serve with the sauce.