Frozen Pangasius fillets are very handy and not expensive. They are easy to store and the boneless fish fillets are not smelly at all.
We often deep fry Pangasius.
Ingredients for Crispy Karaage Pangasius with Youlin Sauce:
- Pangasius: 400g
- Green part of green onion (for topping)
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Maple Syrup (or Sugar): 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Red Onion or White part of Green Onion
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves
- Sambal or Doubanjiang (if you like spicy food): 1 teaspoon
How to make Crispy Karaage Pangasius with Youlin Sauce:
- Thaw Pangasius and remove any moisture from the fish with a kitchen towel, cut into pieces that are easy to eat
- Thinly sprinkle cornstarch on the fish and deep-fry on a medium heat
- Finely chop up the purple onion (or the white part of the green onion) and garlic, needle-slice chop the green part of the green onion and the ginger
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce
- Place the fried Pangasius on a plate and put the green onions on the top. Serve with the sauce.