You can add a wide variety of ingredients when you make stir-fried noodles. You just need to combine some protein and vegetables. Today, I made stir-fried noodles with Chinese broccoli and spicy salami sausage for breakfast. In fact, Chinese broccoli goes well with oyster sauce or Hoisin sauce, but I simply cooked them with salt and pepper this time.
The salami sausage is useful when you make Chinese stir-fried food. In China, they also have Chinese sausage which contains lots of fat. It’s called “candle sausage” which is not my favourite food, to be honest with you.
We always have salami sausage in the fridge because it’s easy to store and we can also use it in stir-fried food if we don’t have fresh meat or seafood.
Ingredients for Stir-fried Noodles with Chinese Broccoli and Spicy Salami Sausage:
- Fresh Noodles: ½ package of 454 g
- Chinese Broccoli: 150-180 g
- Spicy Salami Sausage: 5-8 cm
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Shaoxing Cooking Wine: 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Soy Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil: 1.5 tablespoons
- Boil the noodles for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are cooked (you can test them like pasta), and drain them
- Chop up the garlic and ginger
- Slice the spicy salami sausage
- Chop the Chinese broccoli leaves into small and thin-slice the stems.
Hot to Cook Stir-fried Noodles with Chinese Broccoli and Spicy Salami Sausage:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok
- Add chopped garlic and ginger in the wok
- Add the sliced salami sausage, Chinese broccoli stems and Shaoxing cooking wine (if it’s available)
- Cook them until the Chinese broccoli stems turn a vivid green colour
- Add Chinese broccoli leaves, stir-fry them until cooked
- Add boiled noodles, salt, black pepper and stir
- Season with soy sauce, and serve.