I cooked stir-fried noodles for breakfast today. Last time I used fresh noodles, and this time I used dried noodles. We wanted to have a quick breakfast this morning, so I simply stir-fried them with eggs and Shanghai Choy.
Ingredients for Stir-Fried Noodles with Shanghai Choy and Eggs (for 2 people)
- Dried Noodles: 200 g
- Eggs: 2
- Shanghai Choy: 2
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Vegetable Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Hoisin Sauce (or Oyster Sauce): 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt, Black Pepper
- Boil the dried noodles for a few minutes until they get to the tenderness that you like (you can test them like pasta) and drain them
- Clean the Shanghai Choy, cut into small pieces, separating the green parts and whitey parts
- Chop up the garlic
- Beat the eggs
Hot to Cook Stir-Fried Noodles with Shanghai Choy and Eggs
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok, fry the beaten eggs and take them out
2. Heat another tablespoon of vegetable oil again, add the garlic and white parts of Shanghai Choy and cook, stirring occasionally
3. Add the green parts of Shanghai Choy, cook them until they get a vivid green, add 1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce (or oyster sauce) and stir them
4. Add the boiled noodles, salt, black pepper, and cut the noodles with a spatula two or three times, stirring occasionally
5. Add rest of Hoisin sauce (or oyster sauce) and soy sauce, stir all of them
6. Add the cooked eggs, breaking them a bit, mix together and serve.
The eggs need to be stir-fried separately, because they could be hard when they are cooked too much.