If you are bored with ordinary meatballs, you can try Turkish style, using some spices. They call them “köfte”in Turkey. You also can serve them with sour cream or thick yogurt.
- Minced beef: 300g
- Onion (chopped): 1 small size
- Cumin powder
- Nutmeg powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Chopped parsley
* Add any spices you like.
- Canned Tomato: 1 can
- Bay Leaf: 1 or 2
- Salt and pepper: appropriate
- Sour Cream (if you like)
I like to add red paprika paste (Massa de Pimentão) to tomato sauce. Massa de Pimiento contains salt, so if you put it in the tomato sauce, it’s better not to add too much salt.
Yogurt + lemon juice can be used as a substitute for sour cream.
It is also recommended to add garlic if you like.
How to make:
- Mix minced beef, chopped onions, chopped parsley and spices to make meatballs. Shape them like olives or rugby balls, they look more Turkish.
- Cook the meatballs in a frying pan until they are browned.
- Place the meatballs in a saucepan, add canned tomatoes, bay leaf, and massa de pimento and simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve them with sour cream or natural yoghurt.