Cooking pork with pineapple does not only give a sweet sour taste to your dishes, but it also can help your digestion, because the pineapple contains the enzyme which breaks down the protein from the pork. Eating pineapple and any kind of meat at the same time is stomach friendly, but in this recipe, marinating with pineapple can also soften the pork.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Pork for 2 people
- Sliced Pork: 2 pieces
- Pineapple: 150g
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Salt, Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- White Wine: 1 tablespoon
- Maple Syrup: ½ tablespoons
- Tenderise the pork with a knife. Apply salt, pepper and crushed garlic onto the pork and rub them in.
- Chop up the pineapple into small pieces and marinate the pork with them, rest them for 3 hours in the fridge.
- Mix the soy sauce, white wine and maple syrup in a small bowl.
How to Cook Hawaiian Pork
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and place the pork (without the liquid of the marinade).
- Cook the pork on a medium heat for a few minutes and turn over.
- After the pork is cooked, add pineapple and sauce, spreading throughout the pan and serve.