Sticky rice is very popular in Thailand or Laos. We love Thai food and steamed sticky rice is the perfect accompaniment to Thai dishes.
We made green papaya salad and spicy shrimp salad last night and enjoyed them with steamed Thai sticky rice. I would like to share how to steam Thai sticky rice.
Ingredients for 2 people
- Thai Sticky Rice: 200-250ml
- Roughly rinse the Thai sticky rice and soak it overnight or 8 hours at least
How to Cook Thai Sticky Rice
1. Drain the sticky rice and immediately place on a baking paper which is set in a steamer. For better results, flatly spread the rice.
2. Wrap the sticky rice with the baking paper, put the lid on, and steam for 15 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Take it off the heat, open the paper and turn over the rice. Wrap it up again, put the lid on, and steam it for 5-10 minutes until it gets tenderness that you like.
I used baking paper here, but you can use a clean kitchen cloth instead.