Shrimp cocktail salad is not only a quick and easy salad, but it also looks beautiful. It is good as a starter or your dinner and goes well with white wine too. Actually, I was thinking of making it with avocado, but unfortunately our avocado didn’t ripe well. So I just made it with some vegetables that we had.
Ingredients for Shrimp Cocktail Salad
- Cooked and Shelled Shrimp: 160g
- Red Paprika, Yellow Paprika: a little
- Onion: a little
- Chives: a little
- Mayonnaise: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Ketchup: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 teaspoon
- White Wine: 1 teaspoon
- Chilli Powder: a pinch
How to make Shrimp Cocktail Salad
- Boil water with a teaspoon of white wine in a saucepan, add the shrimp and blanch them for a few seconds to remove the smell (if you don’t care about the smell, you can skip this).
- Chop up the paprika, onion, chives into small pieces.
- Mix mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and lemon juice in a bowl, add other ingredients and mix.
- Place the salad in a glass and sprinkle chilli powder on the top.