We harvested the first courgette from our vegetable garden today. In order to enjoy their taste best, I made a salad of them with anchovies and garlic dressing.
Whenever I pick courgettes, I always wonder how big they should be when I harvest them. I imagine that it’s better to pick them when they are smaller and younger if you want to eat raw in a salad.
Ingredients for Fresh Courgette Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- Courgette: 2
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper
For Anchovy Dressing
- Anchovies: 2 slices
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Vinegar: 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil: 1 Tbsp
How to Make Fresh Courgette Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- Cut the courgette in half, slice thinly, sprinkle with salt and leave for about 10 minutes.
- After the juice comes out from the courgette, gently squeeze out the moisture from the courgette.
- Finely chop the anchovies and mince or grate the garlic.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil to the anchovies and garlic and mix well to make a dressing.
- Place the courgette on a plate, drizzle with the anchovy dressing and sprinkle with black pepper.